Inside: Download this free Earth Day printable headband to use for your kids or students this Earth Day!
Searching for a fun and simple Earth Day activity for your kids or students to do this year?
These headbands are perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarten and elementary students to color in and celebrate Earth Day.
Read on below to see how to download your own copy to use at home or in the classroom.
When Is Earth Day?
Until recently I didn’t realize Earth Day falls on the same day, April 22, each year.
It first began on April 22, 1970 so this year will make it the 49th annual Earth Day!
Teaching our children about the environment and keeping our world healthy is a simple but powerful way we can help the Earth maintain its beauty and resources.
One way we can do this is by sharing simple Earth Day facts with them like:
- The 1st Earth Day occurred in 1970
- Earth Day originally began in the United States, but is now observed worldwide
- It only takes 6 weeks for an aluminum can to be produced, recycled and remanufactured (source)
- Senator Gaylord Nelson was the founder of the first Earth Day (source)
Of course, we also love doing fun crafts like this festive handprint Earth craft for kids to celebrate!
Earth Day Activity For Kids
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
One of the easiest ways to get kids excited about learning is through hands-on activities.
This free printable Earth Day headband is a simple art activity they can do after learning all about Earth Day and the things they can do to help protect the planet.
- Crayons or markers (we used these markers)
- White card stock
- Tape or stapler
- Earth Day headband template
- Download the Earth Day headband template and print out onto white card stock.
- Let your child or students color the first page that has the happy Earth face on it.
- Cut out the headband along the outer black lines.
- Cut out the extra bands on the second page and measure around your child’s head to see how many bands are needed to make the headband fit their head.
- Use tape or a stapler to attach the bands to the main headband.
That’s all there is to it!
We love coloring pages around here and we’re sure this Earth Day activity will be a hit with your kids too.
Don’t forget to enter your email in the form at the bottom of this post to get your free copy of the headband.
More Easy Activities For Kids
- Free Disney Color By Number Printables
- Popsicle Stick Activities For Kids
- Printable Dr. Seuss Hats For Kids
- Airplane Clothespin Craft
Earth Day Ideas For Kids