Make this adorable flower photo preschool valentine craft with your child to celebrate the season of love!
Around here, we’re already coming up with lots of fun Valentine’s Day ideas for kids.
So far we’ve created this tiger handmade Valentine card, this quirky llama Valentine craft, this printable pack loaded with Valentines activities for kids and a whole bunch of printable Valentine’s Day cards for school.
If you want to check them all out, see our easy kids crafts page.
Today we’re sharing a valentine craft that’s perfect for young kids in preschool, pre-k or kindergarten.
Read on below to see how to make this simple flower valentine craft.
Preschool Valentine Craft Idea
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
- Colored cardstock (in yellow, green, sky blue and shades of pink)
- Green pipe cleaner
- Photo of your child’s face (about 1″ big)
- 2″ Heart paper punch
- 1.5″ Scalloped paper punch
- Glue stick (this one is best when using thick paper)
- Glue Dots
- Black marker
- Punch out 12 hearts from the various pink shades of cardstock.
- Punch out 3 flower centers using the scalloped paper punch and the yellow cardstock.
- Cut out your child’s (or student’s) face.
- Assemble the flowers by positioning 4 hearts in a circle, with the pointed edge in the middle. Use the glue stick to apply glue all along the yellow scalloped center and place the center on top of the arranged hearts to glue them all together. Repeat for all 3 flowers. Attach the stem by taping the green pipe cleaner to the back of the flower petals.
- On one flower, glue the child’s face in the center of the flower.
- On the same flower, make 2 leaves by punching out a heart from green paper and cutting it in half. Attach to the back of the green pipe cleaner with the glue stick.
- To make the background of the card, cut out a small hill from the green cardstock.
- Glue the hill onto the bottom of the sky blue cardstock page.
- Use 2-3 glue dots to secure each of the flowers onto the background page.
- Use the black marker to write the words, “I love you bunches!” on the top of the page.
This flower Valentine craft is so much fun for kids to make at home or in the classroom.
If you’re making this at home like we did, you can have your kids give it to Dad, Grandma or Grandpa.
If you’re making this craft at school, it would be an adorable Valentine’s Day card for mom!
Either way, kids will have fun making this cute and pun-y Valentine.
More Fun Crafts For Kids
Valentine’s Ideas For Kids