Inside: Make this adorable photo shamrock craft to save a festive keepsake of your child! Or see all our fun St. Patrick’s Day crafts for kids here.
St. Patrick’s Day is approaching and we’ve been on a roll with all the fun activities for kids we’ve created for this holiday.
Today, we’re making a cute photo keepsake shamrock that’s simple and fun to make!
Read on below to see how simple it is to do with your kids.
Shamrock Craft For Kids
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
- Thin cardboard (like from a cereal or toy box)
- Green paint (I used this one)
- Green pom poms
- Extra strength glue (I used this strong, non-toxic one)
- Glue stick (optional)
- 2.5″ circle punch (optional)
- Photo of your child (about 2.5″ circle)
- Shamrock template
- Download the shamrock template, then print it out on white card stock. Cut it out, then trace onto the thin cardboard and cut it out.
- Paint the four leaf clover in one or two coats of the green paint. Let dry completely.
- Punch or cut out the picture of your child and use a glue stick or liquid glue to attach it to the center of the shamrock.
- Use the liquid glue to add a dab of glue and then a pom pom on top of it. Hold it in place for a few seconds.
- Repeat all around the shamrock and base until you’ve covered the whole thing in green pom poms.
This craft was a lot of fun for my 4 year old and I to make!
If you’re doing this craft with a young child like I was, you can team up and have the parent squeeze all the glue dabs onto the shamrock, while the child sets all the pom poms in place.
We did it this way, and it was still really fun for him to do. Since the glue dries clear, you don’t need to worry about the pom poms shifting around and smearing glue everywhere.
If you don’t like using liquid glue, you could use glue dots instead, just be aware you’d have to use a lot of them to cover the entire shamrock.
This simple shamrock craft is a fun keepsake and would make an adorable St. Patrick’s Day gift for parents, grandparents or even teachers!
If you want a copy of the shamrock template, don’t forget to enter your email in the form at the bottom of this post.
More Photo Crafts For Kids
- Flower Photo Craft For Valentine’s or Mother’s Day
- Photo Eskimo Craft For Kids
- Photo Buddy The Elf Craft
- Lego Picture Puzzles
St. Patrick’s Day Ideas For Kids