Inside: Celebrate the holiday season and the release of the newest Grinch movie with this young Grinch handprint craft for Christmas.
The Grinch is a classic Christmas movie no matter which version is your favorite.
If we’re talking about it, I’d definitely say the original How The Grinch Stole Christmas is my favorite.
There’s just something about that old time feel, that makes it a must-see during the Christmas season.
Shockingly, my family and I loved the new Grinch movie too!
It was heartwarming and cute, so if you haven’t seen it, I’d recommend you do.
This Christmas handprint craft is a spin-off of the cute little child Grinch they portray in the movie.
Read on below to see how to create this little cutie with your kids!
Christmas Handprint Craft
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
Grinch Craft Supplies
- Colored cardstock (white, red, light green and dark green)
- Hole punch
- 1″ hole punch
- .5″ hole punch
- Glue stick (this one is my favorite for using with cardstock)
- Black marker
- Grinch template
- Download and print the Grinch template onto white cardstock. Cut out the pieces of the template.
- Trace the pieces onto the light green and red cardstock and cut out.
- Assemble the Grinch body by using the glue stick to attach the feet onto the back of the Grinch body and the arms behind the body.
- Trace your child’s hand on a piece of light green cardstock and cut out.
- Using the 1″ circle punch, punch out 2 circles from the white cardstock. Using the .5″ punch, punch out 2 circles from the dark green cardstock. Use the standard hole punch to punch out 2 circles on the white cardstock.
- Assemble the Grinch’s eyes by gluing the small white circles onto the dark green circles. Glue these onto the large white circles.
- Make the Grinch’s face by gluing the eyebrows onto the very top of the palm. Next, glue the eyes and nose into place.
- Using a black marker, draw a smile below the nose.
- Glue the Grinch’s body behind the handprint head, then attach the scarf by gluing it to the top of the Grinch’s body.
Your kids are going to love this cute little kid Grinch character!
Don’t forget to enter your email in the form at the end of this post to get the Grinch template link emailed to you.
More Christmas Activities For Kids
- Photo Elf Craft For Kids
- Christmas Coloring Page Bookmarks
- Santa Paper Plate Craft
- Christmas Grinch Playdough
Christmas Ideas For Kids