Inside: Celebrate the coming new year with your kids using these New Years Eve ideas for families. These are part of the ultimate printable activities for kids collection.
Celebrating New Year’s Eve with kids is a totally foreign idea to me.
My kids aren’t old enough to stay up until midnight and quite frankly, I often don’t make it to midnight myself most years.
But I’m trying to create more family traditions, so this year we’re going to celebrate “Noon Year’s Eve”.
It’s a little goofy but sounds way better than letting young kids stay up so late and paying the price the next day.
Basically, all you do is ring in the new year at noon on New Year’s Eve instead of midnight.
So, whether you’re letting the kids stay up until midnight or not, these New Year’s Eve ideas for families will help you ring in the New Year together!
- The Mario Valentine Printables Are Guaranteed To Be The Class Favorite
- 12 Christmas Activities For Kids You’ll Want To Do Every Year
- Goal Setting For Kids + Free Printable Punch Cards
8 Fun Filled New Years Eve Ideas For Families
- New Years activities kids printables
- Paper Trimmer (optional)
- Glue dots or double-sided tape
- Brown paper bags or gift bags (for NYE countdown)
- Bingo markers
- Small hole punch
- Thin elastic cord
- Pom poms (optional for party hats)
New Year’s Eve Party Hats
- Print out hat on thick card stock and cut out with scissors.
- Fold along the dotted line.
- Roll paper into a cone and use glue dots or double-sided tape to secure the flap to the other side the of paper.
- Punch small holes on both sides of the hat, near the bottom.
- Secure elastic through the holes and tie each end.
- Decorate with pom poms on top and fringe on the bottom if you want to make it extra fancy.
Time Capsule For Kids & Families
This is the first time we’ll be doing a time capsule as a family and I’m so excited!
My 7-year-old already writes the weirdest things on his school papers, so I know when we reopen our time capsule next year, it’ll definitely be entertaining.
Inside the capsule, there are 4 pages for each family member to fill out (if you want to do each one).
There’s an all about me page which talks about your favorite things. There’s a letter to myself that helps you and your kids reflect on the past year. There’s also a page that will help your kids imagine what it will be like when they reach their goals. Finally, there’s a page to fill out about their predictions for the future year.
New Years Countdown Bags
One fun tradition to start with your kids this New Year’s Eve is an hourly countdown.
Beginning at 7 o’clock, you countdown until midnight with small gift bags. You can fill the gift bag with activities to do (like NYE bingo, the family time capsule, etc) or fill with goodies (like toys, games or candy).
At midnight, you open the final bag and celebrate the new year!
Also, if you have little kids that can’t stay up that late, but you still want to countdown there’s an option for you too! Instead of beginning at 7 pm, start at 7 am and ring in the “noon year” at 12 pm. You can watch the replay of last year’s ball drop on YouTube or just countdown at home.
New Years Eve Bingo
There are 10 unique Bingo cards included and 15 calling cards.
- Print one bingo card for each player on thick cardstock and cut out.
- One by one, draw a calling card and let your kids find the match on their bingo sheet.
- Continue to play until someone gets 4 squares in a row and calls out bingo!
New Years Eve Activities For Kids
There are also a few other pages in this package including a word search puzzle, two different mazes and a goal setting sheet for kids.
Free Printable New Years Eve I Spy
I’ve also included a free printable I Spy game for New Year’s Eve. You can download it for free by entering your email below.