Preschool and kindergarten students will have a blast making this paper plate seahorse craft. They’re great for summertime or for ocean unit studies.
Summertime is the best time for easy kids crafts.
When you’re not on vacation or lounging by the pool, filling your kids free time with ocean themed crafts is the next best thing to being there in real life.
Most kids love the ocean and learning all about the animals that live there, but for us, there’s one little creature that’s extra special:
Seahorses are so unique, unusual and fun that we created a fun little craft and activity to go with a favorite book of ours, Over In The Ocean.
If you haven’t read this book, stop what you’re doing and borrow or purchase it!
This book is one of the most beautifully illustrated books ever made and it has a fun rhyming story kids love to go with it.
Read on below and watch the video to see how we made this craft with an easy to use seahorse template.
Easy Seahorse Craft For Kids
We love paper plate crafts (check out the last paper plate craft we did for PJ Masks fans) at our house because they’re cheap and easy to make.
- Seahorse template (use form at end of post)
- Paper Plates
- Googly Eyes
- Paint Brush
Seahorse Preschool Craft Directions:
- Print and cut out the seahorse template.
- Trace the template onto the paper plate.
- Cut the seahorse shape from the paper plate.
- Paint the seahorse with bright colors of paint. Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Add glue to the seahorse. Decorate with glitter.
- Allow the glue to dry completely and then shake off the excess glitter.
- Glue a googly eye onto the seahorse.
Your craft is finished.
This paper seahorse craft will have your kids excited to learn more about ocean animals and the ocean ecosystem!
More Fun Crafts For Kids
- Dinosaur DIY Suncatchers For Kids
- Disney Incredibles 2 Rock Painting Craft For Kids
- Colorful Star Wars Paper Craft
Want More Ocean Animal Activities? Try this…
Download Your Free Seahorse Template For Paper Plate Craft
Enter your email in the form below to have the link emailed to you directly.