Inside: Looking for a fun summer craft for kids? They’ll love creating this handprint fish craft that makes a fun keepsake too! Plus see all our fun ocean kids activities here.
This ocean craft is the second in the series of ocean themed activities for kids.
If you haven’t seen the paper plate seahorse craft, be sure to check that one out too!
While the idea behind this ocean unit series is to create a summer camp at home for your kids, this fish craft would also work great for an ocean themed preschool unit or for pre-k and kindergarten classes.
Read on below to see exactly how you can recreate this sea animal craft in no time.
Handprint Fish Craft
Fish Handprint Craft Supplies:
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
Handprint Fish Directions:
1. Paint your child’s hand with orange and white paint, like in the photo above.
2. Help your child gently press their hand down onto the canvas. Give their hand a firm press and then gently pull up to prevent smearing the paint.
3. Allow the paint to dry completely.
4. Use paint brushes to add the bubbles, seaweed, and coral.
5. Thin down blue paint with some water and paint the rest of the canvas blue.
6. Use a black permanent marker to add detail to the fish.
7. Draw the fish’s eye and mouth.
That’s all it takes to create an adorable fish handprint keepsake.
These would be so much fun to make at a summer birthday party, in the classroom or for grandma and grandpa!
Whatever you decide to do with this fish craft, your kids will have a blast making them.
More Art Activities For Kids
Enhance Ocean Unit Studies