Inside: Looking for a fun summer craft for kids? They’ll love creating this handprint fish craft that makes a fun keepsake too!
With summer in full swing, we’ve been all about our new ocean crafts and activities.
This handprint fish art project is the second in our series and was so much fun for the kids to make.
Of course it’s a handprint activity because we can’t get enough of handprint arts and crafts for kids. They’re just so much fun to make!
While the idea behind this ocean unit series is to create a summer camp at home for your kids, this fish craft would also work great for an ocean themed preschool unit or for pre-k and kindergarten classes.
Read on below to see exactly how you can recreate this sea animal craft in no time.
Related: 101+ Easy Kids Crafts
Handprint Fish Craft
Fish Handprint Craft Supplies:
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
Handprint Fish Directions:
1. Paint your child’s hand with orange and white paint, like in the photo above.
2. Help your child gently press their hand down onto the canvas. Give their hand a firm press and then gently pull up to prevent smearing the paint.
3. Allow the paint to dry completely.
4. Use paint brushes to add the bubbles, seaweed, and coral.
5. Thin down blue paint with some water and paint the rest of the canvas blue.
6. Use a black permanent marker to add detail to the fish.
7. Draw the fish’s eye and mouth.
That’s all it takes to create an adorable fish handprint keepsake.
These would be so much fun to make at a summer birthday party, in the classroom or for grandma and grandpa!
Whatever you decide to do with this fish craft, your kids will have a blast making them.
More Art Activities For Kids
Enhance Ocean Unit Studies