Inside: Give your kids a fun activity to do to celebrate the release of the new Disney movie with this Incredibles 2 painted rocks craft. It’s the newest addition to the printable activities for kids collection.
Summer is nearly here and that means two important things:
Kids will be home a lot more and The Incredibles 2 will be out in theaters.
Since every summer I try to combat the crazy boredom behavior that inevitably ensues, I created this fun rock painting idea that features the whole Parr family including Mr. Incredible, Elastagirl, Violet, Dash and baby Jack-Jack.
Because I wanted this craft to be suitable for preschoolers all the way up to adults (I had fun making these), I created two different ways to make these Disney painted rocks.
The first way is the traditional way of rock painting that uses paint or paint pens. This is best for older kids who like to draw and who can take their time creating their paintings.
The second way is to use the printable images to create rock tattoos. This way is great for even the youngest of kids who don’t have well developed fine motor skills yet and who still want their own Incredible themed rocks.
Either way, these rocks are fun to create and you can use them when you’re done as story stones.
Disney Painted Rock Ideas: Incredibles 2
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
If you’ll be painting the rocks you’ll need the following.
Rock Painting Supplies:
- Smooth rocks
- Incredibles 2 Template (available via the form at the bottom of the page)
- Graphite Paper
- Art Pen (I used this one)
- Paint Pens (These are the ones I used)
- Paint Brush
- Acrylic Paint
- Scotch Tape
- Sealer (optional; I used this one)
How To Paint Rocks:
- Wash and dry your rocks.
- Print out the Incredibles template and cut out each image, leaving a small border (about 1/2″).
- Cut out a section of graphite paper slightly bigger than the Incredibles image.
- Place the graphite paper shiny side down on the rock, then place the Incredibles image on top of the graphite paper. Use tape to secure both to the rock.
- Using the pencil, trace the image onto the rock.
- Remove the graphite paper and regular paper to reveal the transferred outline on the rock.
- Use the art pen to draw the outline more clearly if it is too faint.
- Using the paint pens or acrylic paint, paint the image on the rocks. Let each area dry before painting another coat.
- Optional: Once all the rocks are completed and dry, have an adult spray the sealer onto the rocks in a well-ventilated area.
If this version sounds too involved or you don’t think your child can do it, use the rock tattoo version below instead.
Disney Incredibles 2 Rock Tattoo Directions
Rock Tattoo Supplies:
- Smooth Rocks
- Incredibles Template Images (available via the form at the bottom of the page)
- Tattoo Paper (I used this one)
- Damp Rag
- White Paint (optional)
- Sealer (optional)
How To Tattoo Rocks:
- Wash and dry your rocks.
- If you want more vibrant tattoos, paint a few thin coats of white acrylic paint onto each stone. Let dry completely.
- Print out the Incredibles template images on the tattoo paper.
- Cut out each image, leaving a small border (about 1/2″).
- Peel off the clear plastic paper and place the image side down on the rock.
- Place the damp rag on top of the image for 15-20 seconds. Make sure the entire image is damp.
- Peel off the paper to reveal the tattoo
- If sealing, have an adult put several thin coats of Modge Podge on to each stone.
Important Notes: Make sure the entire image is wet enough; I didn’t have the Incredibles 2 logo all the way wet and you can see it smudge the bottom of it when I peeled the paper off the rock. Also be sure to align the green tattoo paper smoothly on the rocks. If you don’t you’ll end up with a few white spots (like on Elastigirl’s stone) that are missing color.
Now you have a cool set of superhero story stones you can use over and over for creative storytelling!
More Fun Disney Ideas:
- Your Children Will Love These Free Disney Color By Number Printables
- Star Wars Cutting Practice Worksheets For Early Learners
- This Free Printable DIY Disney Autograph Book Will Be The Park Favorite
Must-Have Disney Gear: