Inside: Use this dinosaur theme preschool memory game to teach dinosaur names, improve focus and so much more! Check out all our awesome dinosaur activities for kids here.
I’m back again today to share another exciting dinosaur activity for kids.
If you haven’t been following along, you’ll definitely want to see all the fun things we’ve done so far including:
- this DIY dinosaur fossil sensory bin
- these dinosaur coloring pages
- this immersive dinosaur world sensory bin
- this cool dinosaur STEM activity
- this cute dinosaur handprint art project
- these educational dinosaur preschool printables
It’s been a blast!
Today, I’m sharing a simple dinosaur matching game for young kids.
Read on below to see them in action.
Dinosaur Theme Preschool Memory Game
Last week I shared this ocean printable matching game and they were an instant hit!
So many people downloaded them within the first few days, that I knew I had to turn these dinosaur flashcards into a simple matching game.
Because this dinosaur game is for young learners, there are only six sets of game cards.
This means two things for young kids:
- They won’t get overwhelmed with too many choices of cards
- They’ll be able to learn the dinosaurs name much faster than if there were several sets of cards
I think it’s best for preschoolers to play by themselves or with you as a helper. My 3-year-old and I will play together but all I really do is tell him the name of each dinosaur he flips over if he can’t remember it.
Don’t forget you can also use them as plain, old flashcards if you want to.
And, if you’re thinking flashcards are boring, you need to check out this post on fun and creative ways to use flashcards that are hands-on on and engaging (seriously, these are so much fun!).
Any way you use them, I’m sure your kids will have fun with them!
More Fun Learning Activities
- Best Preschool Board Games
- Dinosaur Tangram Mats For Kids
- Star Wars Cutting Practice Sheets
- Bee Number Activity For Preschoolers
Dinosaur Ideas For Kids