Inside: Make this adorable and fun recycled cardboard dinosaur craft for preschoolers. Check out all our awesome dinosaur activities for kids here.
We’ve almost completed our weeklong dinosaur extravaganza for kids!
If you haven’t been following along, be sure to see just how much fun we’ve had with all of these dinosaur activities for kids.
Today, we’re creating this cool dinosaur craft. These DIY dinosaur toys are made from cardboard and really bring out your child’s imagination.
Read on below to get all the details and see them in action!
Related: 101+ Easy Kids Crafts
Dinosaur Craft For Kids
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
Dinosaur Art Project Supplies
- Paint Brush
- Fine Point Sharpie
- Dinosaur Template (download at the end of the post)
Dinosaur Craft Directions
1. Download and print out the dinosaur templates.
2. Cut out the templates and trace them onto the cardboard.
3. Cut the dinosaurs out of the cardboard.
4. Pain the dinosaurs with your choice of paint colors.
5. Let the paint dry completely.
6. Cut slits into the legs, arms, and spikes of the dinosaurs. Assemble the dinosaurs and secure them with a dab of glue.
7. Cut the eyes out from the template and glue them on the dinosaurs.
8. Outline the dinosaurs’ body and add any detail you’d like with a fine point sharpie.
Let your kids have imaginative play time with their new dinosaur creations!
We had so much fun creating these cardboard dinosaur toys, but just be aware that unless your kids are old enough you’ll have to do all the tracing and cutting (especially the cardboard) before the activity begins.
If you make this dinosaur craft, I’d love to see your creations in the comments below!
Fun Art & Craft Ideas For Kids
- Paper Plate Seahorse Craft For Kids
- Dinosaur DIY Suncatchers For Kids
- Dot Sticker Art Drawing For Kids
- Fun Color By Number Printables
Cool Dinosaur Ideas For Kids