Inside: Preschool and kindergarten aged kids will love learning how to make this dinosaur handprint art.
It’s a new week and that means we’ve wrapped up our ocean themed activities and have begun our new series all about dinosaurs!
To start things off we’re sharing this cute dinosaur art project for preschool and kindergarten kids.
It’s so simple to make and only requires a few common supplies. It’s the newest addition to our handprint art and crafts for kids!
Read on below to see how to make this at home or in your classroom.
Dinosaur Handprint Art Activity
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
Dinosaur Hand Print Supplies
- Canvas (or thick art paper)
- Washable Paint
- Paint Brush
- Black Marker
Dino Art Directions
1. Paint your child’s hand with a bright colored paint.
2. Help your child press their hand onto the canvas. Gently pull their hand up to avoid smearing the paint.
3. Allow the paint to dry completely.
4. Paint on a tail and add some grass along the bottom of the picture. Let dry.
5. Paint some spikes and spots onto the dinosaur. Paint a volcano on the side of the dinosaur or other background images.
6. Let all the paint dry.
7. Using the black marker, draw on the eye, mouth, and toes. Outline the spikes and the spots.
See us make this dinosaur handprint art in action below:
That’s all there is to this fun dinosaur art project.
If your kids love dinosaurs, give this art activity a try at your home.
And if you love handprint art, check out this cute fish handprint art project we did last week!
More Fun Dinosaur Activities For Kids
- Printable Dinosaur Pattern Block Mats
- Dinosaur Color By Number Printables
- DIY Dinosaur Suncatcher Craft