Inside: Teach your kids more about different occupations by doing this fun community helpers printable craft.
I’ll be honest, this post has come out of a slightly desperate need to prove my husband wrong.
At the beginning of the summer, I got on a kick to start collecting toilet paper rolls. If you’re not a crafty mom you may wonder why I wanted toilet paper rolls (sounds kinda gross when you say it out loud).
I wanted to do some easy and fun crafts with my kids.
I was sure we would need about a million to do all the crafts I envisioned. It was going to be amazing. A new toilet paper roll craft every day.
The kids would be occupied with fun activities.
The house would flow with laughter.
We’d never be bored.
In short, life would be heaven.
Fast forward 5 months later and I still had every single toilet paper roll left. And a husband who thought I was living my life as a prologue to Hoarders.
I don’t like to be wrong, so I figured I’d prove to him just how mistaken he was.
And thus this community helpers craft was born (and I’ve already used 12 toilet paper rolls).
- File Folder Numbers Activity For Preschoolers That’ll Keep Them Quiet
- A Simple Shape Matching Game Your Preschooler Actually Wants To Do
- How To Encourage Your Child’s Imagination Through Dramatic Play
Community Helpers Printable Craft
Even if you don’t have a husband who you need to prove wrong, this craft is perfect for teaching your kids about jobs, citizenship and working together.
It’s so simple to do and virtually mess free (I hesitate to say completely because kids can make a mess of anything, am I right?).
There are just a few things you need to complete this activity.
You can purchase the entire set instantly below.
- Toilet paper roll cores
- Community helpers printable pack
- Glue tape or double sided tape
- Printer paper
- Print out the community helpers that you want to make into tp dolls. There are male and female versions of every occupation.
- Cut out each doll.
- Place tape along the backside of the doll paper and starting at one side, secure to the toilet paper roll.
Free Printable Police Officer Dolls
If you want to try this craft out before you buy, simply enter your email below and you’ll receive the male and female police officer printables for free.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d love for you to share it on Pinterest. Thanks!