Inside: Celebrate the Easter season and your family’s love of Disney movies with these Disney Easter egg decorating ideas everyone will love! They’re part of a growing collection of fun printable activities for kids.
There’s no contest in my head that Disney movies are the best family movies around.
Going to the theater to see the newest Disney movie is one of my favorite ways to connect with my kids.
Almost every year I think there’s no way they’ll be able to top last year’s movie and somehow they always do!
Last year, we made Star Wars Easter eggs, so this year I decided to extend it to some of our favorite Disney characters.
There are so many amazing characters to choose from, so it was really difficult to narrow it down, but I finally settled on Olaf, Mike Wazowski, Stitch, Buzz Lightyear, Miguel Rivera and Vanelope Von Schweetz.
Read on to learn how to easily make these Disney Easter eggs at home.
6 Fun Disney Easter Egg Ideas To Try This Year
This post contains affiliate links for you convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
These Disney eggs are so easy to make, which is a prerequisite for me whenever I do any crafts with my kids.
Before we get started, here’s a list of supplies you’ll need.
- Disney Easter Egg Printables (enter your email below to download them)
- Color Copy Digital Cover Paper (or any thick, white cardstock)
- Scissors (these are my favorite for small, precision cuts)
- Paper Trimmer
- Glue Dots
- Acrylic Paint; Here are the colors I used for each character:
Disney Egg Decorating Directions:
Depending on the age of your kids, you may need to do some prep work to get the eggs ready for decorating. You can hard boil your eggs or use a sewing need to punch two holes in the eggs and blow it out.
Or you could go my lazy way and just paint regular ole’ eggs (just be sure no one breaks them)!
After your eggs are ready, paint each egg it’s corresponding color (Olaf and Buzz don’t need to be painted). I painted each egg with about 4-6 thin coats to get a more even look. The Spa Blue paint was too thin for my taste, so if I was doing it again, I’d find another brand to paint Vanelope’s egg.
Print out all the printables on thick, heavy, white paper. Cut out the base wraps and the corresponding heads. If you have young children, let them cut out the base wraps while you do the more intricate head pieces.
Wrap the base piece around the egg to determine the size needed, then secure with tape or a glue dot.
Place the egg on the base wrap and then use a glue dot to secure the face to the front of the egg.
For Stitch, fold the ears on the dotted lines and use half a glue dot on each side to secure his ears to the side of the egg.
For Buzz, use two glue dots in the middle of his wings to secure them to the back of the egg.
For Mike, fold the two horns on the dotted lines and use a tiny dot of glue to secure them to his head.
Disney Egg Directions Summary:
Here’s a summary of the directions in list form if you like to skim:
- Prep your eggs by hard boiling or blowing out.
- Paint each egg its corresponding color with 3-4 coats. Let dry completely.
- Print out all the printables on thick, white cardstock.
- Cut out all pieces.
- Wrap the base pieces around the eggs and secure with a glue dot.
- Place the egg on the base wrap and use a glue dot to secure the face to the front side of the egg.
- Stitch: Fold the ears on the dotted lines and use half a glue dot on each side to secure his ears to the side of the egg.
- Buzz: Use two glue dots in the middle of his wing to secure them to the back of the egg.
- Mike: Fold the horns on the dotted lines and use a tiny dot of glue to secure them to his head.
These really are some of the easiest Easter eggs we’ve decorated and there is at least one step even the youngest of toddlers can do to help make them.
I hope your family loves this Disney activity for kids!
More Disney Free Printables:
- The Complete Collection Of Awesome And Free Disney Coloring Pages
- This Free Printable DIY Disney Autograph Book Will Be The Park Favorite
- These Amazing Finding Dory Party Printables Will Make Your Kid’s Party Shine
- 22 Free Printable Disney Pennants
Must-Have Disney Easter Ideas:
Enter your email below to download your free Disney Easter egg printables.