Inside: Get a head start on kindergarten by teaching your child their name with this dog puzzle name activity. These are part of the ultimate printable activities for kids collection.
When you’re a mom trying to balance it all, there are some things that feel like a monumental challenge.
Like getting your child ready for preschool or kindergarten.
How are you going to teach it to them?
How can you make it fun?
I can totally relate to this feeling.
Preschool Dog Name Activity
While we’re still working on the alphabet, I’ve had several readers ask me for some printables related to teaching kids their name, so I created these dog name puzzle printables.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience which means if you purchase something through a link I provide, I will earn a small commission. You can read my full disclosure here.
These dog puzzles are editable with Adobe Reader so you can enter your child’s name and begin learning in no time!
- Adobe Reader (free; if you don’t have it, download here)
- Color Copy Digital Cover Paper
- Laminator (optional, but increases durability)
- Laminating pouches (optional)
- Scissors or Paper trimmer
- Dog name puzzle (available at bottom of post)
- Download Adobe Reader (if you don’t have it already).
- Open the dog name puzzle printable and enter your child’s name in the dog puzzle that has the appropriate number of spaces.
- Print the corresponding page on thick, cover paper.
- Laminate to increase durability.
- Cut out each letter and show your child how to spell their name. Repeat until they can complete the puzzle on their own.
- Bonus: If your child already knows how to spell their name, print out a few blank dog puzzles and have them practice writing their names on the blank puzzles.
Download Name Recognition Puzzle
Enter your information below to receive your free download!