Inside: Make this easy bee craft for kids with just a few supplies! It’s a great springtime craft for the classroom or at home.
Even though we’re still in the middle of winter, it won’t be long before spring is upon us.
Flowers will bloom, the sun will shine and of course, bees will buzz around pollinating everything.
It’s one of my favorite times of year for all those reasons and more.
Today we’re sharing how to make this simple beehive craft that’s a great art project for spring.
Read on below to see how fun it is to make with your kids or students.
Bee Craft For Kids
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
- Colored cardstock (in yellow, brown, green and blue)
- White cardstock
- Yellow paint
- Round sponge paint brush
- Paper trimmer (optional)
- Glue stick
- Milk jug
- Small googly eyes
- Black marker
- Download the beehive template and print onto yellow card stock. Print out the leaves on the green card stock. Cut the pieces out.
- Using scissors or a paper cutter, cut a long rectangle to make a tree branch. Cut a second, shorter rectangle for a descending branch.
- Glue the tree branches and the leaves onto the top of the blue card stock.
- Glue the beehive onto the tip of the descending tree branch.
- Using the yellow paint and the sponge brush, make a few bees by dabbing the brush onto a piece of white cardstock. Let dry completely.
- Make stripes on the bees by using the black marker to draw lines over the yellow paint circles. Add a smile on one side of the bee.
- Cut out each circle to make the bee’s body.
- Cut out small wings for the bees with the scissors and the milk jug.
- Glue the milk jug wings and the googly eyes onto each of the bees.
- Position the bees in the area you want them on the paper and use the marker to draw a stinger on the back end. Glue the bee in place so the body lines up with the stinger.
- With the marker, draw little legs beneath each bee.
Now you have yourself a cute bee craft your kids will love!
This craft is great for spring, bug study units or anytime your kids are learning about bees and the importance they play in our environment.
It’s easy enough to use in the classroom or at home and can even teach the kids about recycling waste.
Don’t forget to download your free beehive template by entering your email in the form at the bottom of this post.
More Crafts For Kids
- Flower Photo Preschool Craft
- Paper Plate Seahorse Craft
- Glittery Ocean In A Bottle For Kids
- Kids Butterfly Craft