Inside: Make this simple Valentine’s Day wreath craft for kids with a few inexpensive supplies and photo of your child.
The Valentine season is nearly here and we’re all set to celebrate with some fun crafts for kids.
So far we’ve made this cute llama valentine craft that little girls would love to make!
Today we’re taking a deliciously sweet twist on the classic macaroni wreaths for kids and turning it into a fun Valentine-themed craft for kids.
Photo Valentine Wreath Craft For Kids
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
- Conversation heart candy
- Pink acrylic paint
- Craft Bond glue
- Pink baker’s twine (or string/ribbon)
- Photo of child
- 2.5″ circle punch
- Scrap piece of thin cardboard (like from a cereal box or toy box)
- White cardstock
- Heart template
- Print out the heart template on cardstock and trace onto thin cardboard. Cut out the cardboard heart.
- Paint the cardboard heart with pink (or your choice) paint. Let dry.
- Cut a piece of baker’s twin and make a loop with it. Use tape or glue to secure the loop to the back side of the Valentine wreath, in the top center.
- Punch out the picture of your child’s face with a 2.5″ circle punch.
- Use the glue to secure the child’s photo in the middle of the heart.
- Begin gluing the conversation candy hearts around the photo until all the space is full. Let dry completely.
That’s all there is to it!
This Valentine craft is so simple and if you need to adapt it to even younger kids (think toddlers or preschoolers), you can have the cardboard hearts cut, painted and ready to go.
You can also choose to skip painting the cardboard heart and just leave it brown.
If you’re a teacher and you’re planning on making this heart wreath in your class, it would be an adorable Valentine’s gift for the kids to send home to their parents!
If you’re a parent and you are helping the kids make this Valentine craft, I’m certain Grandma and Grandpa would love getting one too.
Either way, it’s a fun craft to occupy the kids and get their creativity flowing.
More Photo Crafts For Kids
- Flower Photo Preschool Valentine Craft
- Photo Eskimo Craft
- Elf Photo Craft For Kids
- DIY Photo Bookmarks
More Valentine’s Ideas For Kids