Inside: Spend some quality time with the kids in the kitchen making these cute St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes!
St. Patrick’s Day is a great holiday to do some fun crafts with the kids and share a fun treat with the family!
Today, we’re showing you how to make these cute St. Patty’s Day cupcakes that are so simple to make all the kids can help.
Read on below to see how to make them with your kiddos.
Cupcakes For St. Patrick’s Day
My favorite thing about these cupcakes, besides how adorable they are, is that they’re just so simple to create!
There’s no need to rely on fancy decorating skills or anything like that.
All you need to do is make the cupcakes from a box, frost them and layer on the candy to make the coolest pot of gold and rainbow cupcakes ever!
- Vanilla cupcake mix
- Green food coloring
- 2 can vanilla frosting
- Airhead Extreme Candy
- Reese’s miniature peanut butter cups
- Gold sprinkles
- Miniature marshmallows
How To Make St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes From A Box Mix
- Prepare the cupcake batter according to the directions of the box mix, then add a few drops green food coloring to the batter.
- Fill each cupcake liner about 1/2 way full and bake for 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Mix the canned frosting with the green food dye, then scoop into a decorating bag outfitted with a star tip.
- Frost the cupcake with the green frosting.
- Cut the Airhead Extremes into 3.5″ pieces and form a rainbow by pushing it into the green frosting.
- Place a few mini marshmallows on each side of the airhead extreme.
- Unwrap the outer wrapping of the Reeses and frost the top of it with the plain white frosting.
- Sprinkle the gold sprinkles on the top of the Reeses and place on the cupcake.
Tips For Baking With Young Kids
If you have young kids, there are still plenty of ways they can help make these fun cupcakes!
You can let them:
- Place the cupcake liners in the pan
- Stir the batter
- Open the candy wrappers
- Count out the marshmallows
- Put on the sprinkles
If you have slightly older children, they can help with more complex steps like cracking the eggs, using the stand mixer, measuring ingredients and more.
Even if the kids don’t help make these cute St. Patty’s Day cupcakes, as long as they get one to eat, they won’t be disappointed 😉
If you’re looking for fun and simple activity to do with the kids this St. Patty’s Day, definitely save this recipe for later.
They’ll love making them as much as they’ll love eating them!
St. Patrick's Day Cupcakes
Make these super easy and adorable St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes with the kids to celebrate this fun day!
- 1 box Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cans Vanilla Frosting
- 1 bag Airhead Extreme Candy
- 1 bag Reese's Miniature Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 jar Gold Sprinkles
- 1 bag Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 Hand Mixer
- 2 Cupcake Pans
- 24 Green Cupcake Liners
- 1 Decorating Bag
- 1 Star Decorating Tip
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line two cupcakes pans with the cupcake liners.
Make the cupcakes by following the directions specified on the cupcake box.
Once the cupcake batter has been made, add a few drops of green food coloring to the mix.
Use a scoop to fill each cupcake liner about 1/2 way full.
Bake the cupcakes for 15 minutes and let cool completely.
Make your green frosting by mixing the canned frosting and the green food coloring together completely. Scoop the colored frosting into a decorating bag outfitted with a star tip.
Frost each cupcake starting in the center and working your way in a circle pattern to the edge of the cupcake.
Cut the Airhead Extremes into 3.5″ pieces and bend into a rainbow by sticking each end into the frosting.
Place 3 mini marshmallows on each side of the rainbow.
Unwrap the outer wrapping of the Reeses, but leave the brown paper wrapper on each one. Frost the top of the Reeses peanut butter cup with the plain, white frosting.
Spinkle the top of the Reeses with the gold sprinkles. Set the finished pot of gold near the rainbow.