Inside: This cute monkey craft made entirely from card stock is a simple card kids can make for Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day or birthdays!
It’s no secret kids love animals, especially monkeys.
They’re silly, they’re acrobatic and they’re just so darn cute!
We’ve made lots of animal crafts over the last few years, like this pom pom sheep craft, this fluffy chick craft, this handprint bunny craft, this paper plate pig craft or this walrus arctic animal craft, just to name a few.
Since we’ve never made a monkey, we decided to share this simple paper craft monkey.
You can use it as a fun craft when learning the letter ‘M’, when you talk about zoo animals or even the jungle!
Plus, with this free template you can choose to make just a monkey or turn it into a card.
Read on below to see just how fun and simple this craft is to make.
Monkey Craft For Kids
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
- Colored card stock
- Glue stick (this one works best with thick paper)
- Brown marker
- Monkey template
- Download the monkey template and print out on card stock. If you only need one and don’t mind retracing, you can print all the pieces on one page and then trace and cut them out on the corresponding colored card stock. If you’re doing this with a group of kids, you can print the pieces directly onto the colored card stock and only cut them out once.
- If you’re making this craft into a card, fold the card stock in half at the dashed line and make sure not to cut the top, flat part off. This will be the fold line of the card.
- Assemble to monkey’s head by gluing the inner ears onto the outer ears. Then glue the completed ears behind the monkey’s head, to the side.
- Glue the eyes and cheeks onto the monkey’s face, then glue the entire face to the front of the monkey’s head.
- With a brown marker, draw the monkey’s nose and mouth.
- Glue the monkey’s chest onto the body piece then glue the entire body to the back of the monkey’s head.
- Assemble the feet in place and glue them behind the monkey’s body.
- Glue the tail behind one of the legs.
If you’re using this craft as a card, open it up and write your special message!
This monkey craft is super cute and makes a great card for just about any holiday. If you’re using it for Mother’s Day or Valentine’s Day, I’d suggest swapping out the brown card stock for pink paper.
And of course, don’t forget to sign it from your little monkey.
If you’d like to receive this template, be sure to enter your email in the form at the end of this post.
More Fun Crafts For Kids
Monkey Ideas For Kids