Inside: Let the kids use their imagination while they have fun and learn with this preschool farm theme small world play.
If you’ve been following along, you know this week we’re exploring farms and some of the animals that live there.
Today we’re continuing on with our farm themed activities and showing you how to make this fun farm animal sensory bin.
Read on below to see how simple it is to make at home or for your classroom.
Preschool Farm Theme Sensory Bin
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
- Bin or tray
- Small containers
- Farm animals
- Cooked spaghetti
- Green and blue food dye
- Cocoa powder
- Mix the green food dye with the cooked spaghetti noodles until the dye is fully absorbed. Cut in small pieces to simulate grass. Place on one side of the tray.
- Add hay to the remaining part of the tray.
- Add water to one of the small containers and place a drop or two of blue food coloring to color the water.
- Use another small container to make mud by mixing cocoa powder, flour and some water.
- Add the farm animals and let your child explore this fun sensory bin!
We love sensory activities around here because they’re a great way to get kids’ imagination and creativity flowing.
Setting up small world play centers also helps kids recreate stories or scenarios they’ve heard or come up with their own ideas of what might happen in each setting.
Whether you use this play center at home or in the classroom, I’m sure it’ll keep kids engaged in creative play for a while!
More Sensory Play Ideas
- Insect Sensory Bin
- Dinosaur Fossil Excavation Sensory Tray
- Frozen Ocean Sensory Bin
- Lego Math Sensory Bin
Enhance Your Farm Unit Study