Inside: Kids love making this easy glue snowman craft this Christmas or winter season.
If you have been following along, you’ll know we recently switched from all our favorite Christmas crafts to some new winter crafts for kids.
We’ve been focusing on polar animals and so far we’ve made a footprint penguin, a walrus paper craft and a polar bear memory game.
Today, we’re sharing how easy it is to make a snowman window cling. Originally, we created this window cling pumpkin craft for Halloween which the kids loved!
This time, it’s even simpler since you don’t need to dye the glue to make the suncatcher.
Read on below to see just how easy it is to make at home with your kids.
Snowman Craft For Kids
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
- Elmer’s glue
- Craft foam
- White cardstock
- Laminating sheet
- Sharpies (in black and orange)
- Snowman template (download at the end of the post)
- Print the snowman accessories template out on white cardstock and cut out the hat and scarf.
- Trace the hat and scarf template onto your choice of colored craft foam and cut out.
- Fray the edges of the scarf.
- Put the snowman body template of your choice behind the laminating sheet. Use the glue to trace and fill the body will glue. Try to get an even layer of glue all over.
- Place the hat on the snowman’s head and the scarf between the head and the body layer.
- Let the glue dry on a level surface. The temperature of the room and the amount of glue you used will determine how long it takes to dry. Ours took about 4 hours to dry completely.
- Make sure the glue is completely dry in all spots, then use a Sharpie to draw on the eyes, nose, buttons and any other details you want to add to your snowman.
- Remove the snowman by starting at one spot on the snowman and peeling it off of the laminating sheet.
- Use a small piece of double-sided tape to stick your snowmen to the window.
This winter craft is simple and fun for kids to do!
You can use the template provided or get creative and make your own fun accessories for the snowmen.
My kids each wanted to make more and more of these snowmen, so I know they were a huge hit!
Don’t forget to download your free template at the end of this post.
More Winter Crafts For Kids
- Cute Footprint Penguin Craft
- Free Printable Polar Bear Memory Game
- Walrus Arctic Animal Craft For Kids
- Pinecone Winter Owl Craft
Winter Ideas For Kids