Shopping for baby showers doesn’t have to be difficult, even if you don’t have a baby of your own.
We’ve put together a list of 16 awesome baby shower gift ideas that are sure to make the party special and memorable for the mom-to-be!
Get ready to help welcome the new bundle of joy into their lives with these amazing items. There are some items that are sentimental, some that are practical, some that are health conscious, and all that are 100% mom approved!
Does the mom-to-be already have one bundle of sunshine? If so, check out these must haves for second babies.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and a participant in other affiliate programs, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases. Read our disclosure policy.
Awesome Baby Shower Gift Ideas
For The Quirky Mama
- Mysterio Predicts Your Child’s Future: Mysterio is all-wise and all-knowing. He’ll give it to your friends straight; They might have the next Mayor of Hoboken. Or they might have a criminal mastermind. Only Mysterio knows…
- Funny Burp Cloth: #truth. Let your baby in on the secret to long term breastfeeding: NO BITING ALLOWED.
- Safe Baby Handling Tips: Worried if your friends will know how to take care of a sweet, innocent baby? Give them a subtle push in the right direction with the safe baby handling tips book.
- Taco Dream Mobile: Have a taco fiend for a best friend? Then this taco baby mobile is their dream come true. Only problem is it might induce lots of late night cravings. It’s a funny taco gift idea. Yo quiero Taco Bell.
For The Sentimental Mama
- Letters To My Baby: Give your child 12 sweet, cute or funny snapshots into their life as a young child with these adorable letters to baby.
- Mom’s One Line A Day Book: A journal a busy mom may actually be able to complete; just one line every day for five years. Or if you’re like me, one line a day for a week and then it gets hidden in your desk drawer for 3 years. Either way, A for effort.
- Baby Journal: This sweet baby book includes tons of hand drawn illustrations and plenty of prompts so you don’t have to spend 20 minutes filling out one page about who all came to the hospital the day your baby was born. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
- Custom Heartbeat Necklace: I totally want 2 of these for each of my boys! All you have to do is send a picture of the sonogram and your baby’s heartbeat is etched in the necklace. Gah, what a perfectly sentimental gift!!!
For The Practical Mama
- Mamaroo Bouncer: I had one of these when they first came out and it was so-so. BUT the new models are faster, have more motion choices and are all around great choices for a crabby, stressed out baby.
- Sophie The Giraffe Teether: A $25 teething toy does seem a bit outrageous, but Sophie’s French origins and vintage look lured me in. Plus babies love ’em!
- Dohm Sound Machine: I’ve talked about this white noise workhorse here and here, but bottom line is it is a lifesaver.
- Bandana Bibs: These bibs seem trendy, but that’s only because your baby can look cute and not need to have his outfit changed 12 times a day due to St. Bernard-like drool. Trust me, it happens.
For The Health-Conscious Mama
- Head & Ear Thermometer: I currently have the head (temporal) thermometer and love it, but this one has even better reviews and you can use it in the ear as well, so why not get this instead?! I’m sold.
- Banana Toothbrush: Both my maniac teethers have loved this toothbrush. We used it double duty as a toothbrush and a teething toy. Score.
- Honest Company Gift Set: Give the natural mama to be a sampling of the best of the Honest company with this gift set. It has all the baby basics in one stylish and sustainable wooden container.
- Amber Teething Necklace: These amber stones seem like voodoo power in a necklace, but I swear they work (if your baby wears them the majority of the time). What’ve you got to lose anyway? Just a crabby, anger, beaver-like baby with no respect for wooden cribs. Not that I had any babies that fit that description…
And there you have it. Totally fun and useful baby shower gift ideas for the friend who’s riding the baby train. Hand picked by yours truly so you can spend just a little longer lounging at home in your quiet, organized and completely booger-free house, instead of looking for that elusive baby shower gift.