Beluga whales are one of the lesser known whales which is why we’re bringing you a whole series of fun Beluga whale craft ideas!
This Beluga Whale headband craft is the first one and we think your kids or students will love it!
It’s super easy, fast, and fun to wear. And of course, we’re giving you a the free printable so you can make it as well!
Read below or watch our quick video tutorial below to see exactly how we made this cute whale headband.
When you’re done with this one, be sure to check out all of our whale crafts for kids!
Beluga Whale Craft
- White cardstock
- Beluga Whale template (enter your email in the form at the end of this post to have the link sent to you)
Download the Beluga whale template, print, and cut out the pieces you need.
Tape a headband extender to each end of the headband base.
Measure the headband around your child’s head, then tape it in place to create a circle.
Take the fluke and tape it to the inside back of the headband.
That’s it! It’s so simple and fun!
Ocean Ideas For Kids
Whenever we’re learning about new animals, we love to introduce the topic through books. Below are some of our favorite whale books for kids!
The Snail and the Whale – Julia Donaldson, author of the famous book The Gruffalo, brings kids another fun book about an unlikely set of friends. Snail and Whale have lots of fun together in this colorful book!
Baby Beluga – This book based on the popular song, is a great book for young readers!
Whales: An Illustrated Celebration – Kids who want a simple way to learn more about whales will love this beautifully illustrated book. It’s loaded with facts and a variety of species.
If you’re looking for more ocean crafts for kids to make, try out some of our top picks:
- Shark Headband Craft: Kids love headband crafts? If so, they’ll have fun with this playful-looking shark craft!
- Paper Plate Humpback Whale Craft: This is another fun whale craft you can add to an ocean animal unit!
- Octopus Handprint Craft: Turn that cute little hand into a cute octopus! Plus, check out all of our handprint crafts.
Another fun option is this ocean play dough set. It’s sparkly and comes with several cool fish!
Share With Us
Did you make this craft with your kids or students? We’d love to feature them on our social media!
For a chance to have your child’s craft featured, simply snap a picture of the completed project and post it to our Facebook page, email it to us directly by clicking here, or use #simpleeverydaymom on your social media!
More Ocean Activities
- White cardstock
- Beluga Whale template
- Download the Beluga whale template, print, and cut out the pieces you need.
- Tape a headband extender to each end of the headband base.
- Measure the headband around your child's head, then tape it in place to create a circle.
- Take the fluke and tape it to the inside back of the headband.