Inside: Celebrate Dr. Seuss and The Lorax by making this simple truffula tree craft for kids.
It’s nearly Read Across America Day, which means kids everywhere will be celebrating Dr. Seuss and his many amazing, quirky and fun stories!
Today, we’re making a super simple, super fun truffula tree to get into the Seuss spirit.
Read on below to see how to make them with your kids or students.
Related: 101+ Easy Kids Crafts
Easy Truffula Tree Craft
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
- Jumbo yellow popsicle sticks
- Black marker
- Embroidery thread (in pink, yellow and blue)
- Hot glue and hot glue gun or extra strength glue dots
- Place the yellow craft sticks on a paper plate and color thin wavy lines across each one.
- Using one color of embroidery floss, wrap the entire pack around three fingers.
- Slide your fingers out and tie the end in a double knot around the center.
- Cut the loop on each side to make the truffula tree tufts.
- Repeat for each color embroidery floss.
- Use the glue gun or glue dots to secure the tree tuft to the top of the striped craft sticks.
That’s all you need to make your own simple Dr. Seuss art project.
Don’t forget to check out all the cool Dr. Seuss printables here before you go!
More Easy Activities For Kids
- Fluffy Chick Craft For Kids
- 3 Ingredient Confetti Slime
- Tractor Popsicle Stick Craft
- Baby Wipes Tie Dye Art
Dr. Seuss Ideas For Kids