Inside: Kids will have a blast making this easy paper rocket craft.
A while ago, before the holiday season, we shared a few space activities for kids. We planned on sharing all the activities that week, but you guessed it, we got sidetracked by all the festivities!
Today we’re sharing a simple, but fun rocket ship craft for kids that they’re going to love.
It’s a great art project for kindergarten or elementary aged kids and fits perfectly in with space unit themes.
Read on below to see how to make this craft with your kids or students.
Rocket Craft For Kids
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read the full disclosure here.
- Download the rocket craft template and print out on white card stock. Cut out all the pieces then trace onto the colored card stock of your choice. Cut out all these pieces.
- Glue the rock ship together by:
- Glue the small inner circle onto the larger outer circle.
- Glue these circles onto the middle part of the rocket.
- Glue the tip onto the pointed end of the rocket.
- Glue the small strip just below the tip of the rocket.
- Glue the bottom of the rocket ship behind the middle piece.
- Add the smaller flame to the top of the larger flame and glue behind the bottom of the rocket.
- Cut a larger circle out of the white paper. Glue this circle at the top corner of a black piece of paper.
- Trim any excess off of the black paper, then draw circles on the moon with a gray crayon.
- Make stars all over the black paper by dabbing the paintbrush in white paint. Let dry completely.
- Glue the rocket onto the black paper.
We loved making this space craft and hope your kids do too!
Don’t forget to enter your email in the form at the end of the page if you’d like to receive the free rocket template.
More Easy Crafts For Kids
Space Ideas For Kids