Inside: Give your friends or neighbors a little Halloween surprise with this You’ve been booed gift complete with free printables.
You know that melt in your mouth, can’t get enough, you’ll waste your entire day’s calories on one thing type of treat?
For me, it was (curse you food allergies) Amish friendship bread. You know the one, right?
You have to lovingly feed it a few times a day while whispering sweet nothing into its ear and waiting for it to errr, ferment. Yes, ferment sounds disgusting, but trust me it is to die for. Unless you have food allergies; in which case it may make you wish you were dying. But I digress…
The stone cold irony of my life is that I have never once, NOT EVER, received an Amish friendship bread starter.
I swear I’m a lovable person. Yeah, I’m a bit sarcastic and a
glass half-empty realist, but seriously, I’m not so bad that you wouldn’t want to give me a Ziploc bag filled with oozing sugared flour. I mean it costs all of $1.50 to make!
But it still remains the truth. I’ve never been in on the friendship bread bandwagon.
What’s this have to do with Halloween you ask?
Well, one of the newest trends in celebrating Halloween is the “You’ve Been Booed” phenomenon. Much like the Amish friendship bread, it’s a type of chain giving where one family boos a neighbor or two and then that neighbor boos another neighbor and so on and so forth.
Can you guess where I’m going with this?
Yep, I’ve never been booed either!
But this year I’m taking matters into my own hands and starting the “you’ve been boeed” trend in my own neighborhood. That’s right, I’ll be the originator and will thus prove that I too am worthy of being included in a friendship chain. Or you know, worthy of a bucket of stale candy that’s been lying around the pantry shelf since last year.
Either way, it sure feels good!
And because I’m so darn lovable I’m sharing the printables with you today as well. Just please try to keep your gushing over me to a minimum. Seriously, we don’t want things to get weird between us.
You’ve Been Booed Directions
- Decide whether you want to be Mrs. Fancypants and have a die cut “you’ve been booed” tag or Mrs. Plain Jane, you’re-lucky-I’m-doing-any-extra-junk-for-this-holiday lady. Download the corresponding printables below
- Print and cut out all pages.
- Grab a small Halloween bucket and fill with all the candy your family won’t eat. Save the rest for yourself.
- Attach the You’ve been booed tags to the bucket and gather all the printables to drop off at a neighbors house.
- Wait until nightfall to drop off the treats and printables in the traditional ding dong ditch fashion. Ten points extra if you make it to the car without tripping over your neighbors uneven stone pavers.
- Wait patiently to see how much you’re loved by your neighbors (aka if they boo you back)! Hold back tears and teach your kids about how it’s better to give than receive if you aren’t booed this year.
I certainly can’t wait for Halloween time to roll around to start this fun activity! Will you be booing any neighbors this year?