Inside: Become Owlette, Catboy, and Gekko when you make this fun PJ Mask printable craft. It’s the latest addition to the printable activities for kids collection!
PJ Masks is one of our favorite kids shows right now.
My 3-year-old loves it, my 7-year-old will watch it and surprisingly, it doesn’t drive me nuts!
Needless to say, it’s pretty popular in our house.
Since we’ve been looking for more ways to use our giant stack of paper plates, I came up with this fun PJ Mask printable craft.
To mix things up, we made each character’s mask with a different medium. We made Owlette’s mask by using paint, Catboy’s mask by using oil pastels and Gekko’s mask by covering it in tissue paper.
We loved making these masks and bet your kiddos will too!
Read on below to get all the step by step directions.
Related: 101+ Easy Kids Crafts
Make Your Own PJ Masks Masks With These Free Printables
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
- PJ Masks mask template (enter your email in the form at the bottom of the page to get yours)
- Paper plates or thick, white cardstock
- Green and blue cardstock
- Small hole punch
- Thin elastic
- Glue or glue stick
- Tissue paper (in the colors of the mask you want)
- Craft paint (we use and love this brand)
- Oil Pastels, crayons or markers
Since there are 3 different ways we made this PJ Mask craft, the directions are slightly different.
- Print out the PJ Masks template on thick, white cardstock.
- Cut out the mask template and any coordinating mask pieces (for Catboy & Gekko).
- If you’re using heavy enough cardstock, you can paint, color or glue tissue paper right on the template.
- If your paper isn’t thick enough, trace the template onto a paper plate and cut the template out.
- Trace the mask accessories onto green and blue cardstock and cut out all the pieces.
- Decorate your mask in one of 3 ways:
- Tissue Paper Craft: Cut out your tissue paper in small squares. Use a glue stick and the tissue paper to cover the entire mask in tissue paper. Glue any mask accessories on top of the tissue paper (for Catboy & Gekko).
- Painted Mask Craft: Use kids’ craft paint and a paintbrush to paint the entire mask. Glue any mask accessories on top of the tissue paper (for Catboy & Gekko).
- Oil Pastel/Crayon/Marker Mask Craft: Use your favorite type of coloring tool to color the entire mask. Glue any mask accessories on top of the tissue paper (for Catboy & Gekko).
- Use a small hole punch to punch holes in the sides of each mask.
- Tie the thin elastic in the holes to finish the mask.
My 3-year-old and I had so much fun making these PJ Mask face masks and I’m certain your kids will too!
By the way, if your kids like simple and fun activities, check out these color by number printables or these free Disney coloring pages.
Entertaining Kids Activities:
- A Simple DIY Death Star Paper Plate Craft All Kids Can Do
- 5 Printable Unicorn Coloring Pages All Young Girls Will Love
- Your Children Will Love These Free Disney Color By Number Printables
More PJ Masks Fun:
Sunday 4th of July 2021
could i have the pj masks masks
Monday 5th of July 2021
Of course! All you need to do is enter your email in the form at the end of post to have the link sent to you.
Tuesday 11th of February 2020
Love this. Kids are obsessed with pj masks! Thank you!
Wednesday 12th of February 2020
Oh, thanks! You're welcome :)
Wednesday 31st of July 2019
This looks like a wonderful craft
Saturday 3rd of August 2019
Thanks! Hope you guys like it!
Wednesday 20th of March 2019
Can I have the PJ Mask template please?
Thursday 21st of March 2019
Totally! Just enter your email in the form at the end of the page, the link will be emailed directly to you ?