Inside: Spend some time together with your kids creating this cute fox paper bag craft this fall.
There are just a few short weeks until the official first day of fall and we couldn’t be more excited around here!
Cooler weather, pumpkin spice everything and more family time are just a few of the things we’re looking forward to this year.
Since we have a solid two weeks off of school for fall break, I’m always thinking up new kids activities and crafts.
So far we’ll be making this fun fall leaves sensory glitter bottle, creating this fall handprint tree craft, coloring these Halloween color by number sheets and doing some free time play with this Frankenstein Play-Doh invitation to play.
Today, I’m sharing exactly how to make these adorable fox paper bag puppets.
They’re awesome for pretend play and for keeping the kids occupied when you need a few minutes to finish up tasks.
Read or watch below to see how easy they are to make!
Fox Paper Bag Puppet For Kids
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
Paper Bag Fox Craft Supplies
- Printable Fox Template (enter email in the form at the bottom of the post)
- Orange, White & Cream cardstock
- Glue (when using cardstock, I prefer this glue)
Fox Paper Bag Puppet Directions
1. Download the fox template.
2. Print the first page on white cardstock, the second page on cream cardstock and the third page on orange cardstock. Cut out all the pieces.
3. Measure and cut a rectangle out of orange cardstock for the fox’s head. I used a standard sized brown paper bag and my rectangle was about 5″x3″.
4. Measure and cut a rectangle out of orange cardstock for the fox’s body. Mine was about 5″x8.5″.
5. Glue the fox head onto the top portion of the paper bag. Glue the fox body slightly beneath the flap of the head and all the way down the paper bag.
6. Glue the belly to the bottom of the paper bag.
7. Glue the fox’s chin area to the lower portion of the fox head so only about 1/3 of it is on resting on the head.
8. Glue the nose and mouth piece on top of the chin, half on the chin and half on the orange face of the paper.
9. Glue the eyes above the nose.
10. Glue the orange part of the fox’s ear to the back of the brown paper bag, then glue the cream inside ear to the front of the fox’s face. Be sure not to glue the portion of the inner ear to the outer ear or the puppet won’t open properly.
11. Glue the tip of the tail onto the orange tail and trim the excess.
12. Position the tail in place and glue to the back of the paper bag.
This fox craft sounds a little wordy when you read it, but if there’s any part that wasn’t clear, just watch the video and you’ll understand what I mean.
To adapt this craft for younger kids, have all the pieces cut out and ready for glue.
We love using this fox paper bag puppet in the fall, but it works any time of year!
Don’t forget to download your free fox template at the bottom of this post.
More Crafts For Kids
Fox Ideas For Kids