Inside: Make this magical unicorn card craft with the kids to give to Mom for Mother’s Day or her birthday.
Is there anything more fantastic than unicorns?!
Over the past few years we’ve shown you how to throw the coolest unicorn party, made math concepts fun with these adorable unicorn tangram mats, and expressed our creative flair with these printable unicorn coloring pages for kids.
We love that unicorns are still trending, because let’s face it, unicorns are the coolest animal around.
Sure, my boys may disagree, but every once in a while a mom has to do a few girlier activities like this unicorn craft.
It’s a fun paper craft for kids and since it comes with a free template, it’s easy to recreate with just a few basic supplies.
Read on below to see how easy it is to make this magical unicorn craft with your kids or students below!
Related: 101+ Easy Kids Crafts
How To Make A Unicorn Card
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
- Colored card stock
- Glue stick (this glue stick is the best type when using thick paper)
- Black marker
- Unicorn template
- Download the unicorn template and print out on the corresponding colored card stock. Cut out all the pieces.
- Print the cloud template on white or blue colored card stock. Fold the paper in half along the top, smooth side of the cloud. Cut out the cloud, leaving the top part in tact. This will be the fold line for the card.
- To assemble the unicorn first glue the tail hair behind the back of the unicorn. Next, add the mane to the head of the unicorn. Glue the ear slightly above the eye. Make the unicorn horn by drawing curved lines along the horn with the black marker. Position the horn in front of the ears and glue in place.
- Place the completed unicorn on the cloud and glue down.
- Open the card up and write a special message!
I love how simple and yet how cute this handmade unicorn card is.
Of course, if you don’t want to make this craft into a card you can simply cut out the cloud and glue the unicorn on to it too.
We’ll probably use this unicorn card to give to Nana for Mother’s Day, but it would also be fun for a birthday or whenever you want to give someone a special surprise.
If you want to use the unicorn template, don’t forget to enter your email in the form at the bottom of the page. You’ll get a link sent to you via email to download everything you need.
Easy Crafts For Kids
Unicorn Ideas For Kids