Inside: Make this fun fall handprint tree craft for kids this autumn!
If there’s one thing that comes to mind with the fall season, it’s leaves changing color from green to vibrant reds, oranges and yellows.
We don’t get much change in seasons here in Arizona, so I decided to create this simple fall tree craft to remind us of the changing seasons and cooler weather!
It’s another one of our fun handprint art and crafts for kids and it’s great to use at home or in the classroom.
Read on below to see how simple it is to make this easy fall tree craft.
Easy Tree Handprint Art For Kids
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
Fall Tree Handprint Craft Supplies
- Blue cardstock
- Brown paper or cardstock
- Green paper or cardstock
- Red, orange & yellow paper or cardstock
Fall Handprint Tree Directions
1. Download the leaf template (at the end of this post) and print out on the red, orange and yellow paper.
2. Cut a section of green paper out for the grass at the bottom of the picture and glue onto the blue cardstock.
2. Using the brown paper and pen, trace your child’s hand and wrist, flaring out at the wrist a little to make it look like a tree trunk.
3. Cut out the handprint and glue onto the green grass.
4. Cut out some of the red, orange and yellow leaves. Fold them in half to give them dimension.
5. Glue the leaves onto the branches, the ground and falling down from the tree. To give the leaves a 3D look, only glue part of the leaf to the picture.
That’s all there is to it!
This simple craft is great for kids of a variety of ages. For young preschoolers, you’ll have to cut out the leaves for them but they can glue them on with a glue stick.
Older kids should be able to do all the steps by themselves, except for tracing their handprint.
If you want to make this into more of a Thanksgiving craft for kids, have your kids write one thing they’re thankful for on all the leaves before they glue them onto the paper.
Whether you make this handprint craft into a gratitude exercise or a simple art activity, your kids will love making it this fall!
More Art Activities For Kids
Fall Ideas For Kids