Inside: This cute handprint bear craft is a great art activity for kids studying nature, the outdoors or forest animals.
Chances are if you have a child older than one year, you’ve read them the Eric Carle book Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See?
It’s a classic book that helps toddlers and preschoolers discover colors and animals.
And you know how much we love handprint art and crafts for kids. This art project combines our love of Eric Carle and handprint art together to make the most adorable bear you’ve ever seen!
Since this week we’ve been doing all sorts of activities related to nature and being outside, we knew this simple bear art project was the perfect activity to share.
With just a little help from Mom, kids will have an adorable handprint art masterpiece to hang on the fridge for the whole family to see!
Read on below to see how to create your own bear art at home.
Related: 101+ Easy Kids Crafts
Brown Bear Brown Bear Art Idea
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
Bear Craft Supplies:
Handprint Bear Art Directions:
1. Paint your child’s hand with light brown paint.
2. Help them firmly press their hand into the center of the canvas.
3. Lift up gently to avoid smearing the paint. Allow the paint to dry completely.
4. Paint the tail and ears with the same color paint and a paintbrush. Let dry completely.
5. Use a paintbrush to paint grass and trees.
6. Paint or use sharpies to create a face for the bear.
Benefits Of Messy Play
Although we don’t have messy play all the time, we do believe messy play is important to your child’s development.
There are so many benefits kids experience like:
- fine motor skill practice
- hand eye coordination
- expression of creativity
- self expression
- increases curiosity
This art project is a great way to ease in to messy play, since the only part that’s really messy is the handprint. Once you’ve made the handprint the rest of the project is done with paintbrushes.
We think your children will not only love making this project, but will learn and develop as well!
Share With Us
If you make this art project at home or in your classroom, we’d love to see your share it to our Facebook page.
We love seeing all the fun things your kids are making!
More Art Activities For Kids
Fun Bear Ideas For Kids
See how easy it is to make below!
- Canvas or thick art paper
- Paint (in brown, green, black and pink)
- Paint your child’s hand with light brown paint.
- Help them firmly press their hand into the center of the canvas.
- Lift up gently to avoid smearing the paint. Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Paint the tail and ears with the same color paint and a paintbrush. Let dry completely.
- Use a paintbrush to paint grass and trees.
- Paint or use sharpies to create a face for the bear.