Inside: This cute handprint bear craft is a great art activity for kids studying nature, the outdoors or forest animals.
Chances are if you have a child older than a year, you’ve read them the Eric Carle book, Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See.
It’s a classic book that helps toddlers and preschoolers discover colors and animals.
Since this week we’ve been doing all sorts of activities related to nature and being outside, I knew this simple bear art project was the perfect activity to share.
With just a little help from Mom, kids will have an adorable handprint art masterpiece to hang on the fridge for the whole family to see!
Read on below to see how to create your own bear art at home.
Related: 101+ Easy Kids Crafts
Brown Bear Brown Bear Art Idea
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
Bear Craft Supplies:
Handprint Bear Art Directions:
1. Paint your child’s hand with light brown paint.
2. Help them firmly press their hand into the center of the canvas.
3. Lift up gently to avoid smearing the paint. Allow the paint to dry completely.
4. Paint the tail and ears with the same color paint and a paintbrush. Let dry completely.
5. Use a paintbrush to paint grass and trees.
6. Paint or use sharpies to create a face for the bear.
And if you make this handprint bear art, snap a picture and share it on our Facebook page, Fun Activities For Kids.
More Art Activities For Kids
Fun Bear Ideas For Kids
See how easy it is to make below!