Inside: Get the kids off the screens and outside with this messy splatter painting with water blasters.
If you’ve been following along you know we’re in the third week of our at home summer camp series.
This week is all about the great outdoors; from animals to activities to do outside and more.
Today, we’re taking things outside again with this super messy, super fun splatter painting for kids activity.
Read on below for all the details so you can create your own splatter paint masterpieces.
Outdoor Art For Kids
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
Splatter Painting Supplies
Messy Kids Art Directions
1. Make sure you do this activity outside as it is very messy! Also, dress your child in old clothes you don’t mind getting paint on.
2. Add each paint color to a few small-medium sized bowls.
3. Add about a tablespoon of water to each bowl so the paint is thin enough to suck up with the water blasters.
4. Place the canvas on a sturdy surface like a chair or fence.
6. Have your child suck up the paint with the water blasters and shoot the paint on to the canvas.
7. When done painting, leave the canvas outside in the sun to dry.
We’re aren’t ones to do really messy projects around here (well, I’m not anyway), but kids love this activity and the cleanup won’t be too bad.
We did this outside and then just hosed down the overspray as soon as we were done painting.
If you’re looking for a fun art activity that will leave your kids squealing with delight, try this one out!
More Fun Art Ideas For Kids
Cool Outdoor Art Supplies