Inside: Turn your child into a dancing leprechaun this St. Patrick’s Day with this silly photo leprechaun craft for kids. Or see all our fun St. Patrick’s Day crafts for kids here.
We’re back again today with another fun St. Patrick’s Day activity for kids.
If you’ve haven’t been following along, you’ll want to check out all the cool things we’ve done so far.
It’s been so much fun making all these colorful crafts!
Today, we’re showing you how to turn your child (or student) into a silly leprechaun.
Read on below to see how simple it is to create.
Photo Leprechaun Craft For Kids
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
- Colored card stock (in green, black, cream, yellow)
- Glue stick (this one works best for heavy paper)
- Orange marker
- Leprechaun template
- Photo of your child’s face (about 2″ wide)
- Download the leprechaun template and print out.
- There are 2 different templates included in the download. The first one is for parents and has all the pieces of the template on two pages. If you use this option, you’ll print it out on white card stock, cut out and trace onto the corresponding colored card stock, then cut out again.
- The second one is for multiple kids or for use in the classroom and has the pieces divided according to the colored paper they are to be printed on. Print each page on the colored paper specified at the bottom of the page and then cut the pieces out that you’ll need.
- Cut out your child’s face from the photograph and color over their hair, eyebrows (and beard if you want to make one) with the orange sharpie.
- Cut out hands for the leprechaun by cutting out an oval shape from the cream paper.
- Assemble the leprechaun by:
- Glue the shoes behind the pants, then glue the pants behind the bottom of the torso.
- Glue the hands behind the arms, then glue the arms behind the middle of the torso.
- Position the white triangle at the top of the torso and glue into place..
- Create the belt by gluing the small black square in the middle of the large yellow square, then gluing this onto the black belt. Glue the belt onto the torso, just beneath the white triangle.
- Glue the bottom of the hat to the base of the hat top. Next, glue the hat band onto of both pieces. Use the scissors to trim off and excess.
- Glue the completed hat not the head of your child’s photo.
Now you have yourself a silly leapin’ leprechaun!
Don’t forget to enter your email in the form at the end of this post to have the leprechaun template emailed to you.
More Photo Crafts For Kids
- Flower Photo Preschool Craft
- Photo Eskimo Craft
- Shamrock Craft For Kids
- Cat In The Hat Craft For Kids
St. Patrick’s Day Ideas For Kids