Inside: Make this cute pot of gold and rainbow craft this St. Patrick’s Day with the kids. Or see all our fun St. Patrick’s Day crafts for kids here.
Even though I really have no idea what St. Patrick’s Day is celebrating, I love all the kids crafts!
Everything is filled with glitter, rainbows, cute little leprechauns and good luck charms.
If you haven’t been following along, we’ve made a few different St. Patrick’s Day crafts and activities for the kids.
Today, we’re making a 3D paper craft of a rainbow and the leprechaun’s pot of gold!
Read on below to see how simple it is to make at home with your kids.
Pot Of Gold + Rainbow Craft For Kids
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure here.
- Colored card stock (in sky blue, green and black)
- Gold glitter card stock
- Rainbow colored pipe cleaners
- Glue stick (this one is best for thick paper)
- Strong Glue Dots
- Pot of gold template
- Print the pot of gold template onto black card stock and cut out.
- Cut out a hill shaped piece from the green paper and glue onto the bottom of the blue paper.
- Glue the pot of gold onto the top of the hill.
- Cut out circular coins from the glitter card stock and glue onto the top of the pot.
- Using the extra strength glue dots, attach the pipe cleaners to the end of the gold coins and in a rainbow shape to the end of the blue paper. Trim off any excess.
- Fluff out a few cotton balls and glue onto the end of the rainbow and in the sky.
Even though this craft is simple, there are a few things to know before making it.
First, you really need some extra strength glue for the pipe cleaner rainbow. I love using glue sticks because they’re less messy than regular glue, but it just wasn’t strong enough to hold them into place (believe me, I tried).
Glue dots are another non-messy way to hold them in place, but just make sure you use enough of them or add a bit of liquid glue to the ends, because they have a tendencies to pop up over time.
Another quick tip is to choose as thin glitter card stock as you can find. I didn’t think about this and grabbed some really thick glitter paper and it made it more difficult to glue to the pot of gold.
It wasn’t hard, but I did have to load up the back of the coins with a good amount of the craft bond glue stick.
All in all, this rainbow craft is a fun 3D paper craft I think kids will love making for St. Patrick’s Day.
If you want a template for the pot of gold, don’t forget to enter your email in the form at the end of this post.
More Crafts For Kids
Rainbow Ideas For Kids